Photo Credit: R. Spaan
Location & Schedule
The conference will be held at the Riverhouse on the Deschutes, located at 3075 N Hwy 97, Bend, OR 97703.
- 27 February – Registration Opens, Plenary and Invited Speakers, Contributed Sessions, Poster Session, Photo Contest, and more!
- 28 February – Contributed Sessions, Banquet, and Award Ceremonies.
- 1 March – Field Trips*, Workshops*, Special Events, and Adjourn
*Separate registration may be required.
EarlyBird – Member – $300.00 || EarlyBird – Student – $60.00 (Earlybird registration ends Jan 25, 2019)
Member – $350.00 || Non-Member – $375.00 || One Day Registration – $175.00
Retired Member – $125.00 || Student – $80.00 || Vendor – $200.00
Hotel accommodations are provided by Riverhouse on the Deschutes. Room rate is $112 +tax. Red Lion Hotel is also offering discounted rate at $112. When you are registering for either hotel, please let them know you are part of the Oregon Chapter of the Wildlife Society Annual Meeting to receive the group discount.
Lodging incentives are available – application deadline extended to Jan 20:
- Early Career Professionals – More Info or Apply Today!
- Student Volunteers – More Info or Apply Today!
Associated Meetings – TBD
Are you interested in holding a meeting for your group on the morning of Wednesday, February 27th? Contact Wendy Wente at firstname.lastname@example.org
All workshops and field trips are held on Friday, March 1. Sign up today, spots are limited!
Workshops: Practical Data Science for Biologists, Building Interpersonal and Group Communication Skills for Resolving Conflict in Natural Resources, Wolf Depredation Investigation Workshop
Field Trips: Forest Restoration Field Trip, Winter Raptors Field Trip (Greater Sage Grouse Field Trip – cancelled)
Start taking photos for the photo contest at the annual meeting in February!! The Photo Contest is intended for amateur photographers and is limited to meeting attendees, so start thinking of which winning shot(s) you are going to enter!
Prizes will be awarded to category winners!
Photo Contest Rules
Cost is ($3) to enter the photo contest.
- Print Your Photos Yourself: Bring your printed and mounted photograph(s) to the annual meeting and turn them in at the Registration Desk.
- or have ORTWS print your photos for an extra cost ($1) Please name your photos with the following template: First_Last_Category.jpg Submit your photo(s) digitally by uploading to dropbox for the photo contest to upload your photo(s). Dropbox login information will be provided when you register for the conference.
- Bring your photo(s) on a thumb drive to the annual meeting. You may then upload your digital photo to one of our computers at the registration desk to be printed.
- All photos must be received by February 27, 2019
- Photos must be taken by the participant.
- Photos should fit into the following categories:
- Other Critters
- Everything else
- Black-and-white and color prints (no slides) will be displayed and judged by meeting participants.
- Photos must be of an inoffensive nature.
- Print size: 5-in x 7-in minimum to 16-in x 20-in maximum.
- Prints must be mounted on stiff backing or matted (or both).
- There will be no glass over photos or any framing such as wood or metal.
- Print your name, address, and category on the back of each photo.
- Name of photographer must not be visible to the viewers.
Auction + Raffle Items
Looking for a way to give back to the wildlife profession and future professionals? Looking for a last minute tax deduction?Help contribute to your organization by donating items for our annual raffle and silent auction that will be held at the 2019 Annual Meeting. Nothing is too big or too small! Proceeds benefit organizations by helping to provide funding for grants, scholarships and future annual meetings. Contact Daphne Day at email@example.com